This is the Difference Between Being Broke and Being Poor

 I got beat up every single day and I was ten years of age man I didn't we didn't have much money so my mother used to dress me funny she made these purple crushed velvet velour suits and a big bow tie and sent me to school in Compton California dress like that but it caused me to understand that there's a difference between being broken being poor being broke is economic but being poor is a disabling frame of mind in a depressed condition of your spirit and you must vow never ever ever to be poor again I was in India and I was I had gone into this University and I spoke there and after I left I got back to the hotel I realized I didn't have my wallet and so I called the hotel and I said can you please bring the car back they have my wallet and they said I'm sorry service we don't have a car that was a taxi and I became a little cynical.

I went from hopeful to skeptical to cynical I started thinking the worst of people and of course, I said with my wallet is gone by midnight they called and said we're still trying he's not answering the phone the taxi cab driver but at 2:00 in the morning he called and said he answered his phone was off. he's coming back to your hotel with your wallet so I get dressed and I run downstairs and a man meets me in the billmen translates in for me in India in the dialect and I reach into my wallet and there's $70 u.s. so I reach out and I say let me give this $70 to you this is my way of saying thank you and the man says no I said no I don't think you understand I'm talking about paying you.

I'm talking about giving you a month's worth of your salary one more time he said and this time he became a little visibly younger he said angry he said I told you no I didn't bring you your wallet because I wanted a reward I brought you your wallet because it's your wallet so I said to the man what can I do to be thankful to you what can I do to say thank you he said the next time you're in India come to my house and have tea be my friend you gain more by giving you get more by building you learn more by listening Eagles don't fly in packs there are three times the birds their egos there are buggers and there are turkeys Eagles are high-altitude birds at Regal there's a it's not arrogant they're not pompous but there's a certain regal 'no stew and eagle then you've got another kind of bird it's a buzzard buses are always stepping on your hair to elevate themselves but the worst kind of bird is a turkey because the turkeys got wings and can't even fly all they do is profile translation trying to be something they are not and I'm now going to come right to you.

what kind of bird do you want to be?

Comments